Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Getting stains off a doll's feet?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try using Oxy10 lotion---just cover the stains, and put her under a desk lamp for a few hours or a day. Wipe off with a damp cloth, and if the stain isnt gone, it should at least be faded. Repeat until it's gone--this has never failed me yet! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Today, I took the club shoes off Lindsey, and I find out, just like so many of you have, that she has a few red stains on her feet. It's actually not too bad, and I don't really mind, but is there any way to get them off without sending her in to AG for new legs?

    I tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser a little, but I may try some more.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, I'll try that! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is Oxy10 lotion the same as OxyClean? I know Oxyclean has literally worked wonders on my dolls, though it's a powder, not a lotion (so you have to dab a warm water cloth in it to apply). You could also try simple baking soda (which is what the old AG cleaning kit was made of), but it isn't as effective on tough stains.

    Good luck! Let the board know if you get anything to work!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oxy10 lotion is for acne.
    Oxyclean is a laundry/household detergent.

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by judiaci:
    Oxy10 lotion is for acne.
    Oxyclean is a laundry/household detergent.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oxy10 is also just the brand name of 10% benzoyl peroxide cream.

    My 99 cent store has the generic version, labeled "10% acne cream" and "acne treatment cream". All the versions, as long as 10% benzoyl peroxide is the active ingrediant work the same.

    I use oxyclean for cleaning the cloth doll bodies and for mild stains that can be soaked out of vinyl and the oxy10 for the hardcore stains(ink etc)

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Same here, Laura! This morning was the first time I put the red espadrilles on any of my dolls, and when I took them off after only about three hours, there were two black lines running around Elizabeth's ankles from where the little white string-things (professional-sounding, isn't it [img]tongue.gif[/img] ?) had been!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, if I went to Wal-Mart, I could basically buy almost any acne treatment and use it to get the stains off of Elizabeth's feet??? I am going to have to make an errand tomorrow... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 02, 2005 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Dreaming_of_Dolls ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Me, too, Emily! I don't mind the stains on Lindsey's feet, but I just wouldn't mind them coming off either.

    The girls are going to wear those espadrilles with socks from now on!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hope it works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •